Friday, February 1, 2013

Dark Chocolate Cherry Walnut Skoshes


Hello, readers! 

Yeah. We Couldn't think of anything else to call them. ;) 


This summer, I tried my very first Kind Bar…and fell deeply, madly in love.
dark_chocolate_cherry_cashew
Particularly with the Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew; so many awesome ingredients in one little bar.  Unfortunately, they aren’t Paleo, considering the other ingredients consist of peanuts, sugar, glucose, soy lecithin, and whole milk. I thought my newfound love was lost forever… I was selling a few at work the other day, and noticed we had dried Bing Cherries. 



So last night I decided to remedy this problem by making my own. Jonni thought they were incredible, and today my coworkers inhaled them before I could say “please leave me one!” Try not to eat these in one sitting. ;)
IMG_4235
INGREDIENTS
2/3 cup Pecans
1/2 cup Walnuts
1 cup Large Flake Coconut
1/3 cup Cashews, (Optional: soak for 15-20 min and drain)
8 large Medijool Dates, halved and pitted
1 cup dried Bing Cherries, PLUS 1/2 cup
1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips, PLUS 1/4 cups
1 1/2 TBS Vanilla Extract
Dash Salt
Desiccated Coconut Flakes to coat
DIRECTIONS
1. Add all ingredients except for the 1/2 and 1/4 cup cherries and chocolate chips (respectively) into your food processor; chop until coarsely ground.
2. Add the remaining cherries and chocolate chips, and pulse for about 15-30 seconds. You’ll want chunks of cherries and chocolate! (Half of the walnuts could also be added at this time to keep some large pieces intact.)
IMG_4230
3. Using your hands, roll into small balls and coat with Desiccated Coconut.
4. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week, or freeze.

1 comment: